Friday, July 17, 2015

Laser Master Worlds - Day 4

The forecast called for 10-20 knots out of the South, but that wasn't looking likely at 9 this morning, as a light easterly was blowing through the boat park. The overcast skies weren't promising for a southerly change either, but nonetheless it came through, allowing the race committee to get three races off before a light rain descended on the boat park.

OK, I'm just too tired to write. Short story (for now): I have my mojo back. Wasn't keeping the boat powered up enough before. Great starts, great speed upwind and down, saw scores of 3, Retired, 1 for the day. In the second race I was in 2nd grinding down 1st on the run and the jury yellow-flagged me, saying the boat was rocking. I didn't think so, but because this was my second "offense" of the event, I was forced to retire. Would've been 1st or 2nd in that one for sure. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Am in a three-way tie for 4th place going into the last day of racing tomorrow, but my bullet in the last race has me ahead of the others. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Results: http://www.cork.org/past-results/results2015/MASTERS/STD.html (scroll down to "Standard Masters Fleet")

No comments:

Post a Comment